Friday, September 21, 2012

The Not So "Fun Bun"

This is a DIY Hair Tutorial that's been circulating on Pinterest.com for a while now and it's one of my most commonly pinned pins. I tried it myself, did exactly what the pictures instructed me to do, and it looked terrible. That's what gave me the idea to write reviews of these Hair Tutorials. I've been a hairstylist for 3 years now and I think I can give you a few tips on how to make these looks easier to accomplish on your own. 






First we have a lovely demonstration by my friend Emily Dawson (not a professional hair stylist or model) attempting to recreate the look with out any instruction from me. 
 
Not such a fun bun is it? Maybe it should be called the "dumb bun" (sorry, that was cheesy, couldn't resist). Let me show you a few easy adjustments to make, so you can have an actual "fun bun."
 Here we go...
 Pull when making your starter bun, make sure it's small. Only pull out a little bit. Leaving a lot of hair out. 
Make sure the hair you've left out is laying flat on the BACK of your head. Pull the bun on either side, just a little, to give it this fan shape. 

Push the bun down to your crown with your hand and using HAIR PINS (NOT BOBBY PINS) and pin the bun securely to your head. This should take between 3 and 4 hair pins. 

Split the hair that's left out in two and roll them with your fingers. Wrap them around the bun ONE AT A TIME, securing them with hair pins along the way and spraying them with EXTRA FIRM hair spray.

Here's Emily securing the hair.


Tada!

I hope this was informative! This is the first Hair Tutorial I've written, do if I left anything out or if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me! You can find me on twitter @ScottieKey or facebook @ facebook.com/ScottiesPaperDolls or just leave a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your version was way better! Good job!

    xoxo,
    Sai
    http://www.fashionbysai.com
    http://fashionbysai.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks fantastic.Amazing i m really impress with your content and very useful it.okAprilRice

    ReplyDelete

Linkie ♥